With over 29 million members, Match is one of the biggest online dating sites. The most significant factor about this site is that Match.com that it offers both efficient search system and five daily match suggestions according to shared background or interests. In addition, Match.com is well known online dating sites that offer internet dating that is totally applicable for cell-phone which enables you to search for a partner whenever and wherever..
Match.com has one package if you decide to register for no more than 6 months. If you wish to register for the 6 month plan, then you are able to upgrade your membership for an additional $1 each month to make the most of variety of benefits which you would be charged otherwise. These features include:
- An emphasized profile
- Notifications upon your emails were checked
- First impressions - To have your profile sent by email directly to new members to give a sense of Match.com's members. This enables to boost the amount of interest in your profile.
If you want to check out Match.com, you are able to do so and it is cost-free thanks to their free version. You can get a feel for the other users and see if you feel comfortable with the site's interface.
|Feature||Free Trial||Standard Plan||6 Month Upgraded Plan|
|Get match suggestions|
|Make a profile|
|Reply to communication|
|See who checked your profile|
|Block certain members|
|Send and receive emails|
|Use instant message communications|
|Receive Notifications when emails are read|
|Your profile will be sent to latest members|
PricingMatch.com provides four kind of price setting. For six month plans, if you didn't succeed in finding your potential match within the six months of your plan, you are going to get six months free of charge. To be eligible you need to make an sincere and genuine profile and react to or initiate communication with at no less than five people via the Match.com system throughout your initial six months. This guarantee does not cover any kind of communication including chat and winks that are done outside of Match.com.
All Match.com plans are going to be automatically renewed previous to the expiration date so that you will not lose your saved matches or communications. It is your responsibility to cancel your subscription if you do not wish to continue using their service.
| ||1 Month Plan||3 Month Plan||6 Month Plan||6 Month
*Sales tax applies in New York and Texas.
Match.com also offers several unique features that can be added to short-term plans for an extra fee:
(confidential phone calls with potential matches)- $5.99/month
(mobile internet dating services) - $4.99/month
(have your profile included in messages to new members) - $2.84/month
On top of these add-ons, Match.com provides its users with ProfilePro services that is going to assist you to make a profile that will get attention of people you wish to meet. It will cost you $39.99 for one-time fee.
- More than 29 million members
- Serves both heterosexual and gay singles
- Married people are not allowed to register for Match.com
- Around 17% of women and 16% of men signing up for Match.com are older than 50.
How Match.com Works
Match.com provides its users with a plenty of search alternatives so that you are able to locate potential matches according to any standards that are crucial to you. The site provides keyword searching in addition to modified search via which you are able to narrow down your options according to datas such as marital status, political views, salary range, astrological sign, etc.
Further more, Match.com has three useful search alternatives:
- They have a feature that lets you search others who are in your area now. This service can assist you locate people close to you and is going to also guide you directly to profiles that are still active. This will help you chat with those in your area and online instantly.
- Reverse matching. This feature is great because you will be able to check out profiles of singles who have similar needs as you.
- Mutual matching. In this part, you are given the opportunity to locate people who answered the About my Date section in a similar fashion.
Match.com shows each profile in a easy-to-understand, simple way and also shows you which elements of your profile match the profile that you are attracted to.
Match.com also allows you to classify your search outcomes in a wide range of ways so that you are able to see your options in the most efficient way. You can select from the detailed view or the gallery view.
Lastly, Match.com provides you with its Daily 5, recommendation of five potential matches according to a variety of qualities that you share. You have to understand that there are some times that you will not get a Daily 5 suggestion, or maybe you might get only 3 or less number.
Registration for Match.com will generally takes around 30 minutes as you will need to fill out three main categories of questions. The 1st category is "About Me", which contains eight subsections such as:
- Basics (2 pages of questions about your hometown, marital status and additional usual questions)
- Appearance (I page of questions to give an account of how you look)
- Interests (3 pages with multiple choice and optional free-response questions to provide information on your interests, favorite sports and other pastime activities)
- Lifestyle (2 pages of multiple choice and optional free-response questions on your smoking habits, work and pet preferences)
- Background/Values (2 pages on your religion and social group that surprisingly do not ask questions directly regarding your values)
- Get to Know Me (2 pages of questions that provide a partial view of yourself including your favorite comedian and how you act at a party)
The 2nd set of questions aim to figure out what you are looking for in a future partner and has three subsections:
- Appearance (1 page about what you wish your suitable partner to look like)
- Background/Values (1 page asking what social group, religion and education level you wish your future match to have. These questions don`t have anything to do with values as much as your partner`s background)
- Lifestyle (2 pages that ask you to select your ideal partner`s income range, job, smoking habits and if has or wish to have children)
This is different from those compatibility matching services that ask you to answer every question in the registration questionnaire, you get to choose which questions you want to answer and which questions to discard at Match.com. However, you need to keep in mind that less answered profile might affect the number of visitors who would be interested to decrease. Naturally, people will feel more comfortable with the profile that has detailed information.
When you finish answering the questionnaire, you are going to need to put out a photo. You don`t have to worry even if you have hard time uploading it as you can send your photo via email to Match.com and they will take care of it for you. When you successfully completed the registration, you will be required to send it for review. After it is approved by the customer support team, it will be up live on Match.com. This process may take up to 24 hours.
Even though majority of online dating sites provides customer service by email only, Match.com provides their users with both email and phone support. We called their customer care center to check their availability, and their response was quite fast. It did not take even one minute before one of their staff picked up the phone. He was very welcoming and sincere and very professional.
Although they promise a response within 24 hours, We were disappointed to find out that we did not receive a response to this email during the promised time. Instead, we received a response 2 days later. Although the reply was late, it did answer my questions directly and appropriately.
Match.com in the Media
Match.com on CNN
Seniors using Match.com
cbsnews.com - September 2009
Match.com's Whitney Casey on CBS about how to make a profile
Match.com : An interview with CEO Gregory Blatt